Rain showers and thunderstorms will spread northward into the area late Thursday night and continue through Friday night. Periods of heavy rainfall are likely on Friday and Friday night across south central and southeast Kansas. This could cause flooding problems and some rises on creeks and rivers in the flood watch area.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. East northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Friday – A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely after 10 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. East northeast wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night – Showers likely, mainly before 1 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 43. North wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday – Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. North northeast wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 38. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday – Sunny, with a high near 69.
- Sunday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 49.
- Monday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Breezy.
- Monday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. Breezy.