Freezing temperatures are likely for most of Central Kansas late tonight and early Wednesday morning. Frost will develop with the most widespread coverage along I-70. A Freeze Warning is in effect for all of Russell, Lincoln and Saline Counties and most of Ellsworth County from 4 to 9 a.m. while a Frost Advisory is in effect for the remainder of Central Kansas as far south as Reno and Harvey counties.
Despite the sunshine on Wednesday, it will remain rather cool across central and eastern Kansas with highs in the 60’s.
- Tonight – Patchy frost after 4 a.m. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 32. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday – Areas of frost before 10 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 65. Light south southeast wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night – Clear, with a low around 47. South southeast wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday – Sunny, with a high near 78. South wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 60. South wind around 10 mph.
- Friday – Sunny, with a high near 82.
- Friday Night – A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 a.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday – A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76.
- Saturday Night – A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Sunday – Sunny, with a high near 67.
- Sunday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 45.